- Mayweather is aware the duo will be expected to put on an entertaining show given the global attention
- The fight is scheduled to hold at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on August 26, 2017.
- And Conor McGregor feels its not going to go past four rounds when he meets the American in Las Vegas
- It will be McGregro’s professional debut but he remains confident ahead of the fight at the T-Mobile Arena
Floyd Mayweather has fired warning at Conor McGregor that it will just be two fighters in the ring and his confidence will mean little once they are in the ring together.
The American money bag, who was working out at his very own Boxing Club, is putting his unbeaten record of 49-fight on the line against the mixed martial arts star McGregor, who will make his own professional boxing debut.
McGregor has boasted he will win just within four rounds despite never having previously boxed professionaly or as an amateur.
The pair have traded insults during the promotional tour ahead of the bout thereby pulling more heads around the globe to aniticipate the big fight, but Mayweather appears ready for the talking to stop and the fighting to start.
‘I’ve been here before and I know what it takes,’ the 40-year-old said at a media workout at Mayweather Boxing Club.
‘My opponent is always confident, but it’s different being in there with Floyd Mayweather. They realise that this is real.
‘But for me, it’s just another day. That’s the mentality that has allowed me to stay undefeated
The American, whose last fight was a points victory over Andre Berto, said he will be doing his “homework” on McGregor, a two-weight world champion in the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
‘Irishman Conor feels it’s not going to go past four rounds and I don’t think it’s going the distance. We’re both confident in our skills and we’ll see who gets it done.’
Given McGregor’s yet to be found boxing experience and Mayweather’s reputation as one of the finest fighters in history, many observers are predicting a mis-match.
But Mayweather is aware the duo will be expected to put on an entertaining show given the global attention the bout has garnered.
He said: ‘This isn’t just a fight. This is an event. We both owe the fans and everyone tuning in a lot of excitement. That’s what we’re there to give them.
‘When it’s all said and done it comes down to the two competitors. My dad can give me a brilliant game plan but he can’t get in there and fight for me. Same for Conor and his team.
‘It doesn’t matter who the crowd’s rooting for, it’s two men in there.
‘On paper we know he’s taller and has a long reach. He has youth on his side. People say that he has power on his side.
‘I know that ring IQ and experience are in my favour. I have the fight knowledge on my side. We both have advantages.’
The fight is scheduled to hold at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on August 26, 2017.